As a current customer of IIS Benefit Administrators we would like to take this opportunity to both thank you for your business and to share with you the importance our agency places upon protecting the privacy of information we gather from you in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
II. Information we collect and the means used to collect:
IIS Benefit Administrators collects information about our customers that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. IIS Benefit Administrators collects this necessary information from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications or through phone conversations, emails or facsimiles, this information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, date of birth and health history.
To collect customer information from the above-stated sources, IIS Benefit Administrators may use the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person, telephone, facsimile, electronically, and online.
III. How we share client information with non-affiliated third parties:
We don’t share information about our customers or former customers with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, IIS Benefit Administrators may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
• Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agents. Such usual and customary services or processes provided by IIS Benefit Administrators to its customers include but are not limited to underwriting and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the customer places with our agency.
• Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our client’s records
• Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries
• Information that is required by individuals or entities who are assessing our legal compliance.
• Information that is required for IIS Benefit Administrators] to comply with the law.
• Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability
IV. How we share client information with affiliated parties:
We do not share client information with any affiliate.
V. Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
• We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients and former clients to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the customer.
• We will punish any employees who impermissibly share client information.
• We use a secure Internet and e-mail provider to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.